Joe: But let’s kick off today with a little bit about you and your background as a NASA software engineer to wanting to move to the PHA side. What’s the story there?
→ Follow up: We have a fun connection through Yardi Systems – a big player in the property management world – which I only found out from our pre-podcast call when you were wearing a Yardi t-shirt. I called one of my buddies on the PHA team at Yardi and he told me he mailed you that shirt – Jeff Bischoff. Does that name ring a bell? ….
We’ve got new swag coming in and it’s looking pretty hot – I’ll definitely have to send you some from my company Nagarro.
- From a podcast I recently listen to I know you’re an undercover nerd – I know digital transformation is a buzz word, but I want to push back a little bit, because everyone said they had a digital transformation plan before Covid and then got blown up in early 2020. Gary Brantley and I laughed that no one had this in their strategic plan coming into 2020. Where is the Atlanta Housing Authority at with its digital transformation journey right now?
- How do you think about innovation and leveraging cutting edge technology on the PHA side?
- Let’s talk about the narrative with CIOs like yourself who experience from C-Suite that IT is simply a cost center. You had some great points in your last podcast on changing the narrative along with a new mindset & shareholder-like buy-in. Expand upon that for us today.
- This might be more on the CTO side – but – how can the PHA leverage new analytics about its participants to make better decisions? Is this something you’re thinking about?
- What’s your technology vision for the public housing authority in Atlanta post-Covid?
- Lastly, before we hit the 60 Second “TechTables” segment – what’s the number one problem you are seeking to solve as the CIO at the Atlanta Housing Authority?
60 Second “TechTables”
- What do you know now that you wish you had known at the beginning (either personal, business, or blend)?
- LeBron James or Steph Curry?
- What’s your top 3 personal development books you’d recommend right now?
Want to talk tech?
Joe Toste (me at SpaceX)
VP of Client Engagement
650.689.7233 (yes, you can text me) : )